Sunday 2 June 2013

Current Influences

I had a dream last night that I was casting little resin houses. I have so many ideas for installations and performances and I need to get to work. My studio currently looks like this:


I am planning to finish painting it and get a desk in the next week and then I have lots of things to start. I'm currently thinking about themes surrounding tradition and my experience of living in the UK. The way places in the UK differ from one another and the way it's changing. I want to make work that is humorous and/or thought provoking.

These are the people who are currently inspiring my thoughts and ideas:


Bedwyr Williams



Jeremy Deller








Rachel Whiteread



I will be updating more regularly soon with pictures of work in progress and finished pieces. I hope to participate in more exhibitions this year and visit more galleries. I'm really enjoying the freedom of being a graduate, though I miss group critique and discussion. 

I am also planning to organise a group show of graduate work in London next year, if you're interested in helping out or participating, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment