Wednesday 29 May 2013

Searching, always

I recently got back some pictures I took at an art show. The problem with film photography is that by the time I get round to getting the pictures developed, it is long after the events took place. It's interesting, we expect everything to be so instant now, show reviews to be up the instant a private view has taken place, easily accessed on the internet, which only makes us less and less patient. Anyway, on to the show.

 I went to see 'Searching, always' (a group show by arjeea21 artists at Gallery 49, Bracknell) in February 2013. It was an incredibly cold day, and although some of the work was on display in the windows, I didn't want to stay outside for too long to see it and spent most of my time inside the gallery. 

The work was really varied, under the loose theme of 'Searching, Always' the artists went in completely different directions, often taking transient objects or moments and giving them a permanence, from portraits, to everyday objects, to prints of a leaf.

As usual I took pictures of my favourite pieces and was particularly drawn to many of the pieces that came with a sense of mystery. Hopefully I will see more work from this group in the future.
 
 


Above - Work by Peter Driver








Above: Work by Roxana Tohaneanu-Shields

No comments:

Post a Comment