Thursday 22 December 2011

The Event II at Winchester School of Art

On the 15th December, Fine art came together for 'The Event II'.

It was an unbelievably busy day and an amazing success.

Here's a picture of me in my mask (made of cupcake cases and sprayed gold), taken by one of the Live Press photographers;

I am with my friend Tessa Gray, who I often collaborate with. In fact, on the night we worked on a Photobooth together, thanks to previously made plans and Tess' technical know how, it went down without a hitch and we got the images we needed.

Our sign was clearly awesome.

Here's a picture of the booth:

The booth is an interesting piece of work, but the photographs are not yet ready to exhibit, as the final outcome of the project needs more work and it's quite an ambitious piece, but all will be revealed soon.

I also did a piece on the performance stage at The Event. I have yet to edit the video but see below for a couple of stills;



The performance was me 'decorating' my face with cake decorating ingredients including Icing, hundreds and thousands, edible gold dust and edible gold glitter flakes.

It was the first time I had done the performance and it went reasonably well. I would like to do it again though using buttercream and icing flowers etc and make the whole thing more intricate and less messy, so it becomes less about covering my face and more about the decorative aspect.

I also want the camera to be far closer to me when I film it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment