Thursday 6 October 2011

This summer I was distracted.

I flittered about, working, reading books, seeing a couple of gallery shows.

Now I have to decide what I want to do with my practice, my artwork and my career. I am actually not going to think about the career for a bit. It will distract me.

So, thinking about my practice. I want my work to be personal, but I also want it to be about other people, people in general. I don't want it to be about the masses though. I think what I want is for it to be about people, personally. I want it to be about social etiquette, rudeness, pushing the boundaries of human behaviour, but also about people's personal struggles in life.

I think I want to basically marry up my performance work with Tess with my work in general. I want it all to be about humanity. What I really want to do is look at things somewhat psychologically. I often remember things or use things that I've learned from my psychology A Level and recently I've been reading Love's executioner by Irvin D. Yalom which has brought a lot of it back.

Ach, I don't know what to do. I think I'll start by looking at artists who looked at human behaviour and emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment