Friday 14 January 2011

Small Installation. Flowers.

Looking back over my blog the other day I came up with an idea. Seeing the pictures by Ellen Rogers made me think about the use of symbols, such as flowers, to communicate meaning. Flowers are often associated with death, left at roadsides, given at funerals etc.

It was only a few months ago that i threw away a couple of disintegrating flowers that I had from a funeral 5 years ago. I still have all of the cards people left though and am considering doing something with them.

After thinking this I decided to set about creating some photographs of my death masks with symbols to communicate further the idea of death, make it more theatrical. I have had a couple of crit-groups where they have told me to use more theatre and drama so I don't know how it took so long to sink in.



So i took these and I really like how they turned out. I used an Olympus Trip 35 to take them and I used film from a company called Revolog, which produces special effect films. This film is the 'color' film. I then edited the pictures in photoshop to make them clearer. I really like the whole concept and the way they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment