Tuesday 10 August 2010


A couple more images from the textures work I was doing at the start of the summer. I would like to continue by doing some texture pieces, however i want to do them on wood or something solid so I haven't got around to it yet. I will by the end of the summer. I want to see where it goes.

I think that paint layers/ poster layers etc are representative of time and that when they are dilapidated it shows time passed. When things are repainted and repainted and peeling it's like layers of time, falling away.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds interesting. There's something really delicate about the unpeeling of the present to reveal the past. I always find marks left from rain or natural marks intriguing. Good luck with this, put up pictures when you're done!!

    ReplyDelete