Sunday 17 November 2013

It's been a busy year

It sometimes feels like I've not achieved a lot this year, when I look at what I've done artistically. However I did complete a three month print studio internship at the beginning of the year and set up a studio at home. I made a print edition for an exhibition during the summer and I also made 50 wedding invitations, 50 orders of service and 50 thank you cards for my wedding. I've also visited quite a few gallery shows.

Lately things have finally calmed down. Getting married and falling pregnant this year have both taken a lot of my time. Now that everything wedding is over, I've been in my studio playing around with oil paints and mushrooms (more on that soon).

Here are some pictures from the year, as I notice I've posted very little about what I've done, mostly I've just posted show reviews.


My studio is all set up and it's lovely to sit at a desk and mess about


 Hops left over from wedding decor. No idea what to do with them, yet.

 Thank you cards for the wedding. Simple linocut, handprinted at home with waterbased lino ink.

More lino Thank You cards.

I started printing with blue and moved on to orange.


Wedding invites, Linoprinted hops

Recently I've been collecting pinecones and spraying them gold for Christmas decs. 

A linocut I made for a fellow Moomin fan as a Birthday present back in January.


Anyway, I am due to have a baby any day now, so will I actually get more artwork done next year? Who knows. I will try though. Maybe the first few weeks will not be very productive, but hopefully I will find a balance. 

For the next few hours/days before the baby arrives, I will be making prints and painting, so I hope to post some more things soon. I've had a good 2013, seen some great work, bought a couple of lovely prints, made some fun work and learnt a lot through reading and my internship. I've especially learnt a lot about Linocutting and hand printing. I still have a long way to go though. I hope everyone had a good 2013 and I wish you all the best for 2014!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment