Tuesday 14 September 2010

Short series





Despite being advised by a friend not to continue with this series after the first photo, i did. It is a short series which really comments on the cycle of life, only choosing to photograph animals rather than humans because humans hide their dead so well.

What i was trying to communicate here was that death is a part of life and is always around us. When we start to look we can see it everywhere.

I am not particularly saddened by the death of animals, but human death i find disturbing. I have seen a dead human body once only and it did not look natural, like these animal deaths do.

I plan to advance this by looking more closely at decay.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,

    We both share a taste for the

    macabre. I've also seen a human

    corpse, I was totally horrified.

    Dead animals, decay and graveyards

    interest me very much.

    It's always a pleasure to read your

    blog and admire your work.

    Have a beautiful day.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark, I look at your blog sometimes, but a lot of writing often overwhelms me when not in a book. :)
    I am glad you like to read my blog.

    I can't say i was horrified to see a corpse, more shocked, sort of horribly fascinated.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,

    I'm currently working on a new

    portfolio of images but you can see

    some of my old stuff here :

    www.bikinihyperspace.com

    Cheers

    M

    ReplyDelete