Monday 25 August 2008

The Tate, The Barbican & Cy Twombly

I had a fantastic weekend this weekend for the most part.

I spent Saturday in London, looking for artwork relating to Narratives for my latest project, although i was there doing work i had a lot of fun and wondered why i don't visit galleries more often.
There was a Cy Twombly exhibition at the Tate Modern, which i decided to go for as i'd already seen the four season paintings last year at the Tate and i had really liked them, i also felt that there might be more chance of finding series' of paintings or Narratives in that exhibition, and lucky for me there was, my real favourite was 'Hero and Leandro' which told the story of two lovers drowned at sea.

I really think that as i get older i am seeing art in a different way. I used to dismiss all modern art just a year ago, naively thinking it was all the same.

I also went to the Barbican Saturday and saw a large installation by a Chinese artist which was about the British Empire's Opium trade. i think it fulfilled my brief, but I'm not sure i liked it, i still don't really get installation art. I still wander past almost everything 3D in a gallery.


Anyway, on Sunday i wanted to go Rollerskating, but i didn't feel that well and my skates are beginning to really piss me off, so i didn't go in the end, which was a shame, but meant i got to spend some time with Beaver.

Today i visited my grandparents, who were staying at my Mothers house. Now i am about to read the final installment in the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. YAY books. :)

That's all for now!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment