Sunday 30 January 2011

Amsterdam Trip and Tate Britain Archives.



I haven't been making physical work for the past couple of weeks, whilst assessment has been happening in University I have been to Amsterdam and also taken a trip to the archives and print room at the Tate Britain.

The photograph above is by W. Eugene Smith. I saw it at the FOAM museum in Amsterdam. It was my favourite piece that I saw whilst there. Not only did it evoke emotion in me the instant I looked at it, but I went back to see it again.

The photograph is of a doctor following the loss of a mother and child at childbirth.

I plan to write more soon about the other artwork I saw in Amsterdam and also about the Tate Britain archives.

I have to say, I have no idea what I am going to do work wise when i go back to university, but I have several trains of thought to follow. The last two weeks have been very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment